Assistant Professor of Chemistry (Tenure-track)
Under the direction of the Dean of the School of Mathematics, Science & Engineering, as a full-time faculty member for the Chemistry discipline, this individual will provide leadership for the development of curriculum, integration of technology into the curriculum, and course materials for both lecture and laboratory. The new faculty member is expected to participate in department, school and college committees, selected staff development, and/or extracurricular activities. The teaching assignment may consist of a combination of freshman and sophomore-level chemistry courses.
In addition to instruction, general responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Teach all classes as assigned and maintain contractually defined office hours that are supportive of students
- Provide a learning environment that addresses diverse learning styles
- Assist in the development of new curriculum, integrating modern (analytical) instrumentation at all levels
- Implement innovative teaching strategies, including inquiry-based learning and CUREs (Course-based Undergraduate Research Experience)
- Recruit, advise, and mentor students
- Work collegially and professionally as part of a team
- Show a commitment to ongoing professional development and knowledge of advancements in chemistry
- Demonstrate commitment to the goals and philosophy of the California Community College system
August 18, 2022 (Fall Semester, 2022)
Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Biochemistry AND a Master’s Degree in Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, Chemical Physics, Physics, Molecular Biology, or Geochemistry OR the equivalent OR a valid California Community College Instructor Credential in Chemistry.
Where to Apply: https://jobs.swccd.edu/postings/3623
All application materials must be received on-line at https://jobs.swccd.edu. Position is open until filled. Applications received by the first screening deadline of 11:59 p.m. on Friday, February 4, 2022 are guaranteed to be reviewed by the selection committee. Any application received after the deadline is not guaranteed a review.
Southwestern Community College District is a single college district providing higher education in Chula Vista, San Ysidro, Otay Mesa, National City and Coronado. SCCD’s strategic south San Diego County locations position the College to provide exceptional service to a binational community on the U.S.-Mexico International Border. SCCD is one of 20 initial California Guided Pathways colleges and is known for its excellent learning communities. As a designated Hispanic Serving Institution, the College values equity, inclusion, and culturally responsive andragogy for all students. College is dedicated to providing quality academic programs, comprehensive student support services that ensure equitable access, and clear pathways to student success.